Saturday, January 16, 2010

4:12 There's No Place Like Home I, 4:13 There's No Place Like Home II and III

4:12 There's No Place Like Home I

Go here to see my previous post about this episode.

-Another Wizard of Oz reference! After trying lots of different tactics (including killing the Wicked Witch of the West), "There's no place like home" is all Dorothy has to say in order to get back to Kansas.

-Does the Oceanic representative who briefs them on the plane know that their story is a cover? Or has she bought the lie too?

-It stood out to me this time that during the press conference Jack mentions that his father's body was lost during the crash.

-It still cracks me up that Hurley's mom threw him an island theme party. "My mom...really doesn't get it dude."

-At Christian's funeral Jack mentions again that he wasn't able to bury his dad.

-I recently listened to a podcast where someone from the Lost prop department talked about designing the C4 pile on the Kahana. Apparently the producers kept saying "Nope, not big enough." I think it's safe to say they had plenty by the end.

-I wouldn't have recognized the anthuriums either.


Best lines:

CARMEN: Jesus Christ is not a weapon.

4:13 There's No Place Like Home II and III


Go here to see my previous post about this episode.

-The writers did an amazing job with keeping us guessing - since we knew at this point who the Oceanic 6 were, the big mystery was how those particular people get off the Island when for the majority of the finale they aren't in the same places.

-I had forgotten that Locke is the one who tells Jack that he has to lie. Of course, Jack resists, but eventually realizes Locke is right. That doesn't happen very much.

-Poor baby Aaron has never had a real item of clothing. Which is kind of odd if you think about it; I don't think I've ever been on a flight without ANY babies on it.

-The Orchid station video cuts off right at the most interesting part. Of course it does.

-Dr. Edgar Halliwax says not to put anything metal into the vault. So it's basically a giant microwave, huh?

-Sayid kills Sawyer's stalker at Santa Rosa at 8:15.

-It totally bugs me that Jin stayed down below deck with Michael for as long as he did. Dude, your PREGNANT WIFE is on the boat!

-In the future Jack is so angry with Kate for doing a favor for Sawyer, yelling at her "He made his choice, he chose to stay. I'm the one who saved you!" Which is a really douchey thing to say since Sawyer jumped out of the helicopter and stayed behind, saving not just Kate, but ALL of them.

-I hearby predict that Ben will die in season 6. I don't know why, I just have a hunch.

-Is Ben lying when he tells Locke that whoever moves the Island can never come back? Or does he really believe this is true?

-When Ben tells Locke "I'm sorry I made your life so miserable," there seems to be more to this apology than just the present circumstances. Did he have more involvement in Locke's pre-Island life than we're currently aware of? Or is he actually talking about murdering him in the future?

-I really hope we learn more about the Others and how they got to the Island in the first place.

-There is a White Rabbit on Aaron's bedroom door, a replica of an illustration from "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland". I don't remember it being there in previous episodes.

-Ben climbing down into the hole behind the vault (where white rabbits were used to experiment with time travel) I can't help but think of the phrase "going down the rabbit hole."

-Jack is the most stubborn S.O.B. in history. He SEES the Island disappear - right in front of his face - and he still won't believe it happened.

-I sort of wonder why the Oceanic 6 are so worried about protecting the ones they left behind. They saw the Island disappear, so why do they even think they are still alive?

-Also, since the Island moved it's kind of funny that they bother sailing 3,000 miles away to Membata to begin their cover-up story. For all they know, they're actually closer to the Island there than they were at their start point.

-Ben's vampire-like appearance behind Jack in the funeral parlor made me jump even though I knew it was coming. Uber creepy. And I NEVER would have guessed that Locke was the one in the coffin.

Best lines:

LOCKE: I want you to reconsider leaving the island, Jack. I would like you to stay.

JACK: You'd like me to stay?

LOCKE: Yeah, that's right.

JACK: (Chuckles) You threw a knife into the back of an unarmed woman. You led half of our people across the island and got most of them killed.

LOCKE: Well, Jack, you put a gun to my head and you pulled the trigger. I was hoping we could let bygones be bygones.

--------

LOCKE: It's not an island. It's a place where miracles happen. And--and--if you--if you don't believe that, Jack, if you can't believe that, just wait till you see what I'm about to do.

JACK: There's no such thing as miracles.

LOCKE: Well...we'll just have to see which one of us is right.

0 comments:

Post a Comment